ACCOUNTING TECHNOLOGY 0093
Associate in Science Degree
Do you have a knack for numbers? Accountants possess the skills needed by almost every organization. It is the foundation of any business. This program will prepare you in the principles, procedure and theories of organizing and maintaining business and financial records and the preparation of accompanying financial reports.
- Leads to a QuickBooks industry certification
- Serves as supplemental training for those presently employed
- Participates in on-site tours of our region's top businesses and industries
- Is designed with the help of local business and industry professionals
- Articulates into SJR State's Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Management
"SJR State opened the door to my accounting internship, where I continue to work today."
Program/Course details: See Catalog
Location: Attend class on campus or online.
Program Length: This A.S. degree program includes business AND general education courses (60 credit hours). It is designed to prepare you for entry-level work and/or to transfer into a bachelor's degree program. It can be completed in approximately two years with full-time attendance.
Optional College Credit Certificates:
Certificates offer program-specific courses that prepare you for direct entry into the workforce. Certificates can be completed in one year and are an intermediate step toward the A.S. degree.
- Accounting Technology Management (0401) (This certificate leads to a QuickBooks industry certification) Gainful Employment Information
- Accounting Technology Operations (0402) (This certificate leads to a QuickBooks industry certification)
- Accounting Technology Specialist (0403)
Questions? Call (904) 808-7442
Job Outlook / Salary
Gainful Employment Information
Within the Northeast Florida region, job opportunities are projected to increase by 8% over the next year. Salaries average $30,000.
*Data obtained in 2015. Current wage data may be obtained at emsicareercoach.com Job outlook data and salary projections provided by Economic Modeling Specialist International (EMSI). Salary projections represent occupations that may require additional training and experience. SJR State does not guarantee employment and wages.
TRY CAREER COACH
Career Coach is designed to help you find a good career by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training. Visit the Career Coach website.