St. Johns River State College maintains an "open door" admission policy. Applicants are considered on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, marital status, religion, age, gender, genetic information, or disability. State Law establishes certain minimum requirements for admission to college credit academic courses. These requirements ensure, as far as possible, that students will be successful in their academic work.
Applicants seeking to enroll must first determine their Admissions Classification.
Applicants seeking enrollment in college credit courses must complete an Application for Admission ($30.00 non-refundable fee) and have one of the following:
- Standard high school diploma with an official transcript; or
- High school diploma through any State Department of Education based on performance on the General Education Development (GED) test, provided the test was administered in English with an official transcript; or
- Completed a Florida home education program, in accordance with FS 1002.41; or
- Approval for High School Dual Enrollment or Early Admission.
Students who have earned an associate and/or bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution may be exempt from providing official proof of high school completion. Contact the Vice President for Student Affairs for information.
Applicants seeking enrollment in a Bachelor’ Degree program must complete an Application for Admissions, and pay application fee ($30 non-refundable fee) and have:
- Earned an associate degree, and
- Completed prerequisite courses/degrees
Refer to the college catalog for any additional admissions requirements and procedures.
Applicants seeking to enroll in Post Secondary Adult Vocational (PSAV) or non-credit programs must complete an Application for Admission ($30.00 non-refundable fee) and may or may not be required to have a high school diploma. Refer to the college catalog for any additional admissions requirements.
All applicants to college credit courses or PSAV programs must complete a Florida residency statement. The Florida residency affidavit is included in the Application for Admission. For further information on Florida residency requirements, go to Residency Guidelines.
International students (F-1 or M-1 student visa) admissions criteria is available on our International Students Web page.