NEW STUDENTS (includes Transfer Students)
A new student enrolling in credit courses must submit the application for admission and pay fee.
Complete an online Application for Admission ($30.00 non-refundable fee).
IMPORTANT - International (F-1 Visa) Student must download and print the Application for Admission - International Students Only (PDF). The application can be mailed to the Admissions and Records Office, 5001 St. Johns Ave., Palatka, FL 32177.
All degree seeking/college credit certificate seeking students and new transfer students must meet with a counselor and:
- Verify and begin plan for program of study
- Review program requirements
- Review testing requirements and schedule testing appointments
- Discuss course options for registration
- Get an appointment for new student orientation
- Receive registration time ticket
Have Transcripts sent to St. Johns River State College
All credit degree-seeking students and certificate-seeking students whose program requires high school completion must submit official transcripts. All transcripts should be received prior to orientation and registration.
- Download this form to request transcripts from other institutions to be sent to St. Johns River State College (PDF).
- Students who attended secondary school outside of the US, must provide an official transcript translated and evaluated by one of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. Agencies; and proof that the high school certificate or diploma is equivalent to a standard high school diploma or GED in the US.
- Students who attended postsecondary institutions outside the United States will also need to submit a course-by-course Evaluation by one of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. Agencies. Please see the college catalog for a list of Florida Approved Agencies.
- Students who received a Florida GED can request their transcript through GED Credential Requesting Services.
St. Johns River State College’s Developmental Education courses are designed to help students who have a standard high school diploma or GED but who need to further develop the foundational skills necessary for academic success throughout college. Students who place into or who elect to take developmental education courses may choose from a variety of strategies in each of the three developmental education subject areas of mathematics, reading, and writing. These strategies include modularized instruction, compressed courses, and co-requisite developmental instruction.
A student who entered 9th grade in a Florida public school in the 2003-2004 school year, or any year thereafter, and earned a Florida standard high school diploma or a student who is serving as an active duty member of any branch of the U.S. Armed Services is not required to take the common placement test and is not required to enroll in developmental education.
Students who entered the 9th grade in a Florida public school prior to the 2003-2004 school year or did not attend a Florida public high school must take the Florida Post Secondary Education Test (P.E.R.T.) or submit SAT, ACT, Accuplacer or FCAT scores (the scores cannot be more than 2 years old) that exempt them from the college developmental education program or they must submit college transcripts that show the completion of Freshman English I or Intermediate Algebra.
For more information about developmental education options and exemptions, please see a Counselor.
Complete Online Orientation
First time in college students, dual enrollment students entering as college students and transfer students are required to complete the new student Online Orientation prior to enrolling in their first term at SJR State.
New student Online Orientation is accessible through the student portal via Canvas. The completed online orientation course will remain in your Canvas queue for one year, as a reference guide for your convenience.
After completing Online Orientation please contact Advising to schedule Group Advising session:
Orange Park Campus (904) 276-6855
Palatka Campus (386) 312-4035
St. Augustine Campus (904) 808-7402
A returning student who has not been enrolled for one calendar year must submit a readmission application and select "Starting a new application."
Transient students seeking to register must complete and turn in the SJR State transient application in addition to having an approved transient form forwarded to SJR State from their home institution or Complete the transient application though Floridashines website at floridashines.org.
APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
We recommend you apply for Financial early. Visit St. Johns River State's Financial Aid Web page and complete the FAFSA form online.
DUAL ENROLLMENT STUDENTS
Dual enrollment student please refer to the admissions procedures located in the college catalog.
CHANGE ADMISSION STATUS
Students may change their program of study at any time by meeting the requirements of the admission status and by completing the change of program study form available in the Admissions office. See catalog governing degree in the College Catalog for further information.
For more information on the Enrollment Process visit the College Catalog.