Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education
Apply for financial aid at FAFSA.ed.gov
General Admission Requirements:
- Submission of a completed application to the baccalaureate program in Early Childhood Education ($30 application fee)
- Submission of official transcript(s) indicating the coursework taken and the degree(s) awarded
Additional Program Requirements:
- An earned Associate in Arts degree to include 36 general education credits and 24 elective credits
- A minimum 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- A grade of "C" or higher for all general education credits fulfilling Gordon Rule requirements
- Demonstrated mastery of general knowledge by passing the General Knowledge Test of the Florida Teacher Certification Examination or a similar test pursuant to the rules of the State Board of Education www.FL.nesinc.com
- A grade of "C" or higher for each of the prerequisite courses EDF 2005 (3 credits), EDF 2085 (3 credits), and EME 2040 (3 credits)
The deadline for applying to the program is 3 weeks before the start of the term.
- Demonstration of foreign language competence. Students who did not complete the foreign language requirement in high school or before acceptance into the program, will need to complete an additional 8 credit hours of sequential foreign language before graduation.
- The program is offered in a blended format which will allow greater accessibility to all students. The blended format will require some on-campus meeting times which will rotate from one campus to another. Each blended class meets once each month on a set day of the week, 6:00 - 8:40 p.m.
Students are admitted in the fall and spring terms only.
Information sessions are open to the public. All sessions begin at 5:30 p.m. and last approximately one hour.
Questions? E-mail TeacherEducation@SJRstate.edu or call (386) 312-4242.
- June 5, 2013 - Orange Park Campus - Room D0004
- June 12, 2013 - Palatka Campus - Room S204
- June 13, 2013 – St. Augustine Campus – Room C105