BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
Apply for financial aid at FAFSA.ed.gov
General Admission Requirements:
- Submission of a completed application to the baccalaureate program in Early Childhood Education ($30 application fee)
- Submission of official transcript(s) indicating the coursework taken and the degree(s) awarded
- An earned Associate in Arts degree to include 36 general education credits and 24 elective credits
- A minimum 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- A grade of "C" or higher for all general education credits fulfilling Gordon Rule requirements
- Demonstrated mastery of general knowledge by passing the General Knowledge Test of the Florida Teacher Certification Examination or a similar test pursuant to the rules of the State Board of Education www.FL.nesinc.com
- A grade of "C" or higher for the following prerequisite course: EDF 2005 (3 credits)
Additional Program Requirements:
- Optional (Recommended) Electives For Educators: EDF 2085 (Introduction to Diversity for Educators) and EME 2040 (Introduction to Technology for Educators)
- Demonstration of foreign language competence. Students who did not complete the foreign language requirement in high school or before acceptance into the program, will need to complete an additional 8 credit hours of sequential foreign language before graduation.
- The program is offered in a blended format which will allow greater accessibility to all students. The blended format will require some on-campus meeting times which will rotate from one campus to another. Each blended class meets once each month on a set day of the week, 6:00 - 8:40 p.m.
Students are admitted in the fall and spring terms only.
Questions? Call (386) 312-4242 or
Florida Fund for Minority Teachers (FFMT) Scholarship
The annual amount of the Minority Teacher Education Scholarship is $4,000. Awards are only disbursed during the Fall and Spring semesters, in the amount of $2,000 per semester. Students may be eligible to receive the scholarship for up to two consecutive years.
Individuals who are selected for the scholarship must:
- Be as U.S. citizen and a resident of the State of Florida
- Be a member of one of the following minority groups: African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian American/Pacific Islander, or American Indian/Alaskan Native
- Be newly admitted into SJR State’s Early Childhood Education bachelor’s program
- Be a junior or senior and have not earned a baccalaureate degree in education
- Have earned 60 credit hours or an A.A. degree
- Be seeking their first bachelor’s degree
- Have not exceeded 18 hours of upper division education courses at the time of application
The deadline for the scholarship and the bachelor’s degree program for the fall term is August 1.
Minority teacher education scholar graduates are not required to repay the scholarship amount so long as the scholar teaches in a Florida public school. A scholar may repay the entire scholarship amount by remaining employed as a Florida public school teacher for 1 year for each year he or she received the scholarship.
Please visit the FFMT website to apply and for more details on the program and scholarship conditions.
How to access EdReady for FTCE
Please review before applying for the Bachelors of Early Childhood Education Program.
Fall - August 1
Spring - December 1
Course of Study
Program Plan Fall Start
Program Plan Spring Start
"The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery." - Mark van Doren
* Visit our SSN Web page for more information regarding the College's use of Social Security Numbers.