By 12-15 Credit Hours:
- Complete any required or recommended developmental education classes.
- Explore career interests and opportunities using the resources available through SJR State; visit the Career Services Web pages to learn more.
- Familiarize yourself with student resources such as the Library, Smarthinking, Blackboard, Academic Support Center and other services.
- Meet with a counselor to discuss your academic goals if you recently decided on or changed your major.
- Meet with a Workforce Advisor if you have received a 15 credit hour hold.
By 20 Credit Hours:
- Explore upper division universities, visit their websites, visit campuses, and review admission requirements.*
- Review transfer specific courses/ prerequisites for your major and other transfer requirements with a member of the Counseling staff if you recently decided on or changed your major.*
By 30 Credit Hours:
- Visit a member of the Counseling staff to have your Counseling Hold lifted and review your progress toward graduation and transfer.
By 45 Credit Hours:
- Begin the application process for upper division universities.*
- Explore career opportunities.
In Your Last Term:
- Apply for graduation after registration but before the add/drop deadline.
- Request final transcripts to be sent to upper division universities upon graduation.*
- Make sure that you have satisfied any financial responsibilities to the College.
* Applies to A.A. and transferable A.S. degree-seeking students.