COVID-19 INFORMATION AND FAQS
UPDATE - JULY 30 - 2:00 PM
St. Johns River State College has established this webpage as the primary source of information regarding COVID-19 and College operations.
A VIDEO MESSAGE FROM SJR STATE PRESIDENT JOE PICKENS
SJR State is committed to the wellbeing and success of its college community. After much deliberation over the benefits and the risks of bringing students onto campus as the spread of COVID-19 continues, College officials announce the following plans for the fall semester:
- The majority of SJR State’s fall classes will be presented online. Traditional online, hybrid and “live online” classes will be available. “Live online” classes allow you to interact in real time with professors and classmates. Hybrid courses combine face-to-face instruction with online instruction. Traditional online classes allow you to be flexible with the timing of your participation.
- A limited number of Workforce programs (Allied Health, Nursing, Law Enforcement, and Engineering Technology) will continue on campus with proper measures to ensure the health and safety of students and faculty. Internships, field experiences and hands-on practicums for Teacher Education students will also continue.
- Students who have already registered for on-campus fall classes will NOT be automatically moved to online classes. Those students must DROP their current on-campus course and ADD an online course. The revised fall schedule will be available Tuesday, August 4 at noon. Classes that have moved to an online format will be presented as “live online,” meaning classes allow you to interact in real time with professors and classmates.
- Add/Drop – The last day to withdraw from a class with a refund is August 28.
- Dual enrollment students do not need to make schedule changes to their current schedule. Our office will be making all schedule changes for students who are currently registered in on-campus courses. If the courses you have provided a registration form for are currently closed, please wait to be contacted by the Dual Enrollment Office. We have also extended the deadline for new dual enrollment student applications to Friday, August 7th at 5:00 p.m.
- Student services, including advising, financial aid, admissions/records, the library, tutoring and testing will continue to be available with on-campus appointments and with online access.
Students are able to drop off required documents at their campus.
For questions or assistance, call Admissions at 386-312-4030 or email at
Call Records at 386-312-4050 or email at
To make an on-campus appointment, call:
Orange Park - 904-276-6855
St. Augustine - 904-808-7402
Palatka - 386-312-4035
Remote advising is also still available - Schedule an appointment with and advisor online here:
Night and weekend advising sessions will be available beginning August 3.
To schedule an appointment, email the office at or call 386-312-4040.
Remote advising is also still available, or you can email your financial aid questions to us. Please be sure to include your student ID number.
Testing Center on the Palatka campus is open by appointment only. Schedule an appointment: or call 386-312-4228.
The Library is open to employees and students without an appointment.
Services & operations have changed a bit:
• Browsing is limited:
- Grab & Go pickup is encouraged
- Magazines & newspapers are not displayed but available upon request
• The number of available computers and study seating is greatly reduced due to social distancing measures.
- In the fall, the Library will use several computer classrooms to increase the number of computers available for student use.
• Appointments are not required but are recommended. Book an appointment online at https://learningresources.sjrstate.edu/Appointments or call 904-808-7474.
Starting August 24, the Library will begin the term by offering a full schedule of hours:
• Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
• Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
• Sunday, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
For more information about the Library’s services this fall and what we are doing to keep employees & students safe, visit the Library’s homepage at learningresources.sjrstate.edu/library - and bookmark our new address!
Tutoring services are by appointment only and at reduced capacity. Book a math tutoring session in the Academic Support Center (ASC) online at https://learningresources.sjrstate.edu/Appointments or call 904-808-7474. A math tutor will be online and in the ASC from 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Biological science tutors will be online at various times Monday - Thursday. Visit https://learningresources.sjrstate.edu/ASC for details.
- Bookstore & Cashier – In-person services are available.
The bookstore hours of operation are 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. In accordance with CDC’s guidelines to limit interaction and possible contamination, students will be allowed in the Bookstore following the one way directional markings. Students can access the bookstore online at https://bookstore.sjrstate.edu/
- Computer and Wi-Fi access – Computers are available by appointment only and at reduced capacity. Book a computer online at https://learningresources.sjrstate.edu/Appointments or call 904-808-7474.
SJR State also recognizes that some students may not have access to Wi-Fi. The College has installed Wi-Fi hot spots in three designated parking lots to assist students needing access for online classes.
Students will have access at the following locations:
St. Augustine – H Building parking lot; Orange Park – H Building parking lot; Palatka – Gym parking lot. Students will log in using their college-issued username and password (portal ID).
Fall “B” registration is in progress. The last day to apply is October 12. Classes begin October 19.
APPLY NOW http://www.sjrstate.edu/admissions.html
REGISTER NOW http://www.sjrstate.edu/courses.html
Information presented on this page has and will continue to be guided by recommendations from state and federal government, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Florida Department of Public Health. As conditions continue to evolve in this area, SJR State is remaining flexible in its approach.
For more information about the coronavirus, prevention and symptoms.
- CDC - Prevention Tips
- CDC - Frequently Asked Questions (Travel tips)
- CDC - Corona Virus Symptoms
- CDC - What You Need to Know
- CDC - What To Do If You Are Sick
- Florida Department of Health - Bulletins
- Florida SEOC Situation Report COVID-19