IMPORTANT NOTICE TO FINANCIAL AID STUDENTS
If you are due to receive a refund from your financial aid award(s) for the upcoming semester (or the current semester if classes have started), refunds are scheduled to be disbursed through BankMobile by the end of the day listed on the Financial Aid homepage. This includes refunds due to students from the following:
- Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans provided all requirements for disbursement are met. Reminder: these requirements include, but are not limited to, completion of the loan entrance interview, enrolling and maintaining at least half-time enrollment, and signing the Master Promissory Note.
- Federal grants
- State grants and scholarships
- Other aid or resources on your account from which you can receive a balance
The following is included to remind you:
- ALL refunds are disbursed through BankMobile; the College no longer produces and mails checks. You may view SJR State's contract with BankMobile a division of Customers Bank.
- Subsequent refunds, if any, are disbursed on a weekly basis throughout the semester.
- If you have not already done so, please refer to the BankMobile letter you should have received in the mail. Be sure to follow the instructions and register your refund method preference online with BankMobile. You must select to either receive the refund via an ACH transfer to a bank of your choice, a debit card, or by paper check. If you have any questions about this, please contact Ms. Cindy Reed in the SJR State Business Office at 386-312-4125.
Our goal is to deliver refunds to ALL eligible students as quickly as possible.
We request your assistance in this process by asking you not to contact the Financial Aid Office or the Business Office to request a check, or to request an "early" disbursement.This is not possible, and it only serves to delay the process for you and all other students.
Thank you for your consideration and assistance.