St. Johns River State College provides students with equal access to a broad spectrum of educational and cultural opportunities while encouraging the pursuit of academic excellence and scholarly achievement through high quality instruction. The College creates and continuously improves affordable, accessible and effective learning opportunities, support services, and resources for the educational needs of the diverse community it serves.
The College fulfills its mission through offering:
1. Transferable freshman and sophomore courses in the arts and sciences, as well as other disciplines, leading to the Associate in Arts degree;
2. Career and technical programs leading to the Associate in Science degree, college credit (technical) certificates, or vocational (PSAV) certificates;
3. Upper level courses leading to the awarding of baccalaureate degrees as authorized by the State Board of Education;
4. Intensive training and course work in the visual and performing arts for students of exceptional talent or promise;
5. Developmental courses for students who need to improve their academic skills and/or prepare for the General Educational Development examination;
6. Delivery of educational services in innovative and efficient ways to assist students whose opportunity for educational attainment is limited by place or time;
7. Support services which assist students in achieving academic success;
8. Partnerships with four-year institutions enabling students to earn baccalaureate degrees while remaining within the service district;
9. Assistance with economic development efforts by offering workforce development and continuing education programs designed to meet local, regional, and statewide needs;
10. Community enrichment and lifelong learning opportunities for the residents of the service district.