SJR State holds spring FAFSA Frenzy events
St. Johns River State College will present “FASFA Frenzy,” at three locations this spring, beginning with its Palatka campus on February 15. The event will provide free assistance to families applying for college financial aid.
“Finances should not be a barrier to attending college,” said SJR State’s Financial Aid Director Suzanne Evans. “The event will provide qualified students with assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is the first and most important step in applying for financial aid.”
Students can base their financial information on the previous year’s tax return. Potential students intending to enroll in college during the 2021-22 academic year are encouraged to complete the form as soon as possible, as some funds are awarded on an as-needed basis while others are awarded first-come, first-served.
FAFSA Frenzy nights are scheduled for:
SJR State Palatka campus
Monday, February 15 - 6:00 - 8:00 p.m., Viking Center (Last session begins at 7:30 p.m.)
SJR State Orange Park campus
Tuesday, February 16 - 6:00 - 8:00 p.m., A building (Last session begins at 7:30 p.m.)
SJR State St. Augustine campus
Thursday, February 18 - 6:00 - 8:00 p.m., H building (Last session begins at 7:30 p.m.)
During the event, current and potential students can participate in:
- FREE step-by-step instructions for completing and submitting the FAFSA, along with the Florida Financial Aid Application. Computers will be provided.
- Financial aid presentations
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), students/parents will need to bring the following:
- Social Security Number
- Driver's License Number
- Alien Registration Number (if not a U.S. citizen)
- Most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
Filling out the FAFSA doesn't obligate students to a particular career track or college.
The College will implement COVID-19 safety precautions during the event. Masks are required. Attendees must also complete a health assessment questionnaire upon arrival. Social distancing will be observed with 6 feet apart between students and those assisting in the event. Stations will be cleaned after each use.
Director of Public Relations and Publications