Hours of Operation -
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Summer Hours Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Although Testing Center personnel are available for questions and scheduling during these times, no examination will begin before 30 minutes past the opening time nor start after 3:00 p.m. without expressed arrangements with the Director of Testing.
Palatka Campus - Building T, Room 113
St. Johns River State College
5001 St. Johns Avenue
Palatka, FL 32177
(386) 312-4228 Office
Building T is located at the west end of the campus just north of the Florida School of the Arts (FloArts). This office is the primary comprehensive testing site in our system; however, testing specialists administer and proctor some exams on the Orange Park and the St. Augustine Campuses.
Orange Park Campus - Building A, Room 63
St. Johns River State College
283 College Dr.
Orange Park, FL 32065
(904) 276-6793 Office
Building A, is the first building on the right when entering from College Dr. This is a comprehensive testing site; however, testing specialists administer and proctor exams at the Palatka and St. Augustine Campuses. The Orange Park campus proudly supports DSST for eligible military service members and civilians.
The St. Johns River State College Testing Center provides a convenient, safe, fair and professional testing environment for students, community and faculty.
We provide tests, national credit-by-exam testing programs, and a number of workforce testing options. We also provide a proctoring service for distance learning programs from other institutions, and other assessments conducive to an individuals' overall success; academically, personally and professionally.
To take any exam, please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment and be sure to have 2 current forms of identification.
The primary ID must be current, valid and contain your photograph and signature. The secondary must contain your signature.
If you are unsure about identification acceptance, contact the Testing Center prior to your arrival.
These items are prohibited, please secure them in your vehicle or place them in one of the lockers available at the testing center. Thank you!
- Firearms and Weapons (must be secured in vehicle)
- Bags, purses, backpacks (subject to inspection)
- Electronics (e.g. phones, iPods, tablets, laptops, earbuds, headphones, watches, gaming devices, flashdrives, etc.)
- Food and Drink
- Outerwear: subject to inspection (e.g. coats, jackets, hoodies, scarves)
- Head wear: subject to inspection (e.g. hats, bandannas, headbands)
- Other items as identified at time of sign-in by the Test Administrator!
Please use the links below to access information about these assessments:
ST. Johns River State College has two PearsonVue associate sites, one on the Palatka Campus and the other on the Orange Park Campus. Interested candidates must schedule through the Pearson home page: www.pearsonvue.com the available hours for testing are located there. Please follow the recommendations for your particular test as listed on the PearsonVue website. Contact the Testing Center if you have any questions, please call 386-312-4228.
The Basic Abilities Test (BAT) is a prerequisite for the Law Enforcement and Correction Officer Academies. Examinations are held on each SJR State campus on a regular basis, however seating is limited and candidates must pay a $50 examination fee at any college business office or by phone 386-312-4121. Candidates must have a valid receipt before contacting the Testing Center to reserve a seat.
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) is run by CollegeBoard; www.collegeboard.com/clep an independent testing company. Many college and universities recognize and honor comprehensive subject knowledge acquired through independent or prior study, on-the-job training, professional development, cultural pursuits, or internships. The CLEP catalog has 30+ qualifying exams. If you are interested in taking a CLEP, you should contact Academic Advising (386-312-4045) to determine if the exam you are interested in will qualify for credit at St. Johns River State College. CLEP is administered by appointment on Tuesday and Wednesday on the Palatka Campus, and Tuesday and Thursday on the Orange Park Campus. Please contact the appropriate campus to schedule your CLEP.
There is a $20 proctor fee associated with each exam attempt.
Select SJR State distance learning course require an on – campus final exam. This will be noted in the course syllabus, along with the final exam dates. If your course falls in this category, you must register for your exam using RegisterBlast.
Final exam dates are 4/23-24/2019
GED Testing Schedule
The General Education Development (GED) Test is made up of 4 subjects, broken onto separate exams. Candidates don’t have to take all of the exams at once.
The tests are available on the Palatka Campus: Monday, Thursday and Friday. They are available on the Orange Park Campus on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Visit ged.com for more information.
St. Johns River State College also offers adult basic education and GED test prep classes. For more information, contact the Adult Education Office (386) 312-4080 or visit SJRstate.edu/adulted.html
HESI A2 Testing
The HESI Admission Assessment is required for all students applying to the SJR State Nursing Education program. The test is comprised of nine sections, of those nine SJR State requires scores for Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, General Knowledge and Math. Other nursing programs may require scores from additional sections, it is therefore recommended that a student completes all of the sections.
To register to take this test on a St. Johns River State College campus:
1. Contact the SJR State Business Office in person on any campus or call 386-312-4121 and pay the test fee of $75.00, this fee is non-refundable and may be used for only one test session.
2. Contact the Testing Center at 386-312-4228 and make an appointment for this test. You must have a receipt number in order to reserve a seat. This test is given on each campus on a regularly scheduled basis and seating for each session is limited. To register you will need your receipt number and a valid email address. You will receive a confirmation, reminder email approximately one week before your scheduled exam. You must print and bring a copy of this email to the testing site in order to test.
3. Go to https://evolve.elsevier.com and create an evolve account, you will need an evolve username and password in order to take the test and receive your results. The site also has access to preparation materials for the HESI A2 test.
4. On your test day, bring a picture ID, your receipt, your email confirmation and your user name and password to the testing site.
5. The Test Proctor will provide the access code for the exam at that time.
6. You may reschedule the exam if you need to by contacting the Testing Center.
7. You must wait at least 30 days between test sessions.
If you desire to take your HESI A2 at a different site you must either contact that Test Center or register for the HESI A2 by following these instructions: (http://www.sjrstate.edu/hesi-a2exam.pdf)
ParaProfessional Exam from Educational Testing Service (ETS)
The ParaPro Assessment measures the skills and knowledge in reading, writing and math possessed by prospective and practicing educational assistants and paraprofessionals. It also measures the ability to apply skills and knowledge when assisting in a classroom. It was designed to satisfy the requirements of the Federally legislated No Child Left Behind Act.
Candidates have 2 ½ hours to complete the test. The exam consists of 90 multiple choice questions, approximately two-thirds of which focus on basic skill and knowledge. The remaining questions relate to applying skills in the classroom. All questions are in English.
To take this exam:
1. Contact the SJR State business office, 386-312-4121, or go to any campus administration office, identify the exam and pay the $75 exam.
2. Contact the Testing Center at the Palatka Campus 386-312-4228 or the Orange Park Campus 904-276-6793 and make an appointment for the exam, be sure to have your receipt number at hand.
3. Arrive at your testing location at least 20 minutes prior to your appointment; PAC Bldg. T, Rm 113 or OPC Bldg. A, One Stop Center.
4. There is a minimum wait of 21 calendar days before retesting.
ETS: Requests for Accommodations
The Post-Secondary Educational Readiness Test is the recommended placement test for Florida colleges. These test scores assist counselors and advisors in making the best possible initial placement recommendations for student success. Students are responsible for the enrollment selections that they make, so excellent initial placement recommendations are important.
First time in college non-exempt students who intend to enroll in college credit classes must have test scores less than two years old.
According to Florida Senate Bill 1720, students may be exempt from placement testing under certain conditions.
You are exempt if you:
- Entered Florida public high school or charter school during the 2003-2004 academic year or after;
- Remained within the public high school system or charter schools during your entire high school academic career and graduated from a Florida public high school or charter school 2007 or after with a standard diploma;
- Are a member of the military on active duty
You are not exempt if you:
- Entered high school prior to 2003-2004;
- Graduated from the private sector;
- Graduated from home school;
- Earned high school degree out of state; or
- Earned a GED
Other placement test score options are the:
All students, including exempt students are welcome to test. Those students who have completed an application may take the test one time. The test may be retaken after 48 hours, but not more than three times in a 12-month period. All retakes of any section require a $20 fee to be paid in advance.
Contact an advisor for further direction concerning your particular situation.
The St. Johns River College Testing Center provides a convenient testing environment for students, community and faculty. We are available, by appointment for credit-by exam, distance learning for other institutions and workforce exams. Most of these exams require specific proctoring agreements and advance appointments are necessary. Students are responsible for assuring that test administration instructions are submitted to the testing center prior to taking an exam.
The fee for this service is $25.00 per test.
Contact the PAC Testing Center; 386-312-4228 or the OPC Testing Center; 904-276-6793 for further assistance.
ProV is an online occupational licensing assessment service. ProV offers hundreds of licensing examinations. SJR State proctors these exams on the Palatka campus on Tuesday and Wednesday, on the Orange Park campus on Tuesday and Thursday and once per month on the St. Augustine campus, usually the 1st Monday of the month. Fees vary and all scheduling and payments are made through www.provexam.com.
TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education), this exam is used as an assessment tool for students entering an Adult Basic Education program that leads to a GED (General Equivalence Diploma), as well as, many Career and Technical Education programs. Some businesses also use the assessment for prospective employees. The latest version of TABE is long and it is recommended to complete the test in two separate sessions.
This is exam is administered by appointment and requires two days of testing. Typically the exam is given on Tuesday and Wednesday on the Palatka Campus.
The cost is $35 and must be paid prior to scheduling an appointment.
St. Johns River State College Testing Center maintains a safe, fair and professional testing environment for every person taking an exam. Whether the exam is for placement, professional licensing, credit from another educational institution or in support of SJR State programs, the Center will provide the highest level of service possible.