SJR STATE CHAPTER
ASSOCIATION OF FLORIDA COLLEGES
The St. Johns River State College Chapter of AFC promotes the education growth of its AFC members who are pursuing degrees of higher education.
The SJR State College AFC Chapter will award scholarships to chapter members who meet the criteria listed below.
- Applicant must be an AFC member for no less than 6 months or dependent of a member.
- Applicant must provide completed essay explaining how would you use your degree and skills learned to impact your community.
- Applicant must provide verification of enrollment documentation and copies of unofficial transcripts if applicable.
- Applicant must reapply for this scholarship each term.
Additional eligibility for Dependents:
- The Membership Status questionnaire must be completed by the AFC member.
- The Dependent must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours)
- The Dependent must be pursuing degree or certificate at St. Johns River State College.
- The Recipients will be chosen by the AFC Scholarship Committee
- Scholarship applications from members will receive priority over those from dependents.
1st Scholarship award $250:
The 1st scholarship award must be used for tuition at an accredited college or university. Funds will be paid directly to the school.
2nd Scholarship award $100:
The 2nd scholarship may be used for books, lab fees and/or course related tuition, supplies or materials. This scholarship may be paid to the college/university directly or to the applicant.
Fall Term Deadline June 30
Award announcements will be made in July
Spring Term Deadline September 30
Award announcements will be made in October
All scholarship materials must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
A complete application must include the following materials: