BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
The BSN program admits new students fall and spring terms.
General Admission Requirements
The BSN program is open for students who meet the admission requirements:
- Admission to SJR State ($30 application fee)
- Submission of a completed application to the baccalaureate program in nursing
- Completion of an Associate of Science degree in nursing with at least a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale prior to upper division acceptance
- Submission of official transcript(s) indicating the coursework taken and the degree(s) awarded
- Proof of an active, current, valid, and unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the United States
Common Prerequisite Courses for BSN Program
|BSC 2085/2085L Human Anatomy and Physiology I and Lab||4 Credits|
|BSC 2086/2086L Human Anatomy and Physiology II and Lab||4 Credits|
|Any CHM XXXX, BSC XXXX, PCB XXXX, PHY XXXX with a minimum of 4 credit hours**||3 Credits|
|DEP 2004 Human Growth and Development||3 Credits|
|HUN 1201 Human Nutrition||3 Credits|
|MCB 2010/2010L Microbiology and Lab||4 Credits|
|PSY 2012 General Psychology||3 Credits|
|STA 2023 Statistics **||3 Credits|
** May be taken concurrently with Upper Level Courses
In addition to the above course requirements all Bachelor of Science students will be required to demonstrate foreign language competence. Students, who did not complete the foreign language requirement in high school or before acceptance into the program, will need to complete an additional 8 credit hours of sequential foreign language before graduation. Students will also be required to fulfill the civic literacy requirements.
($30 application fee)*
* Visit our SSN Web page for more information regarding the College's use of Social Security Numbers.