CASH FOR COLLEGE
St. Johns River State College is proud to host Cash for College
It’s not too late! One of the best ways to make college affordable is by completing the FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Did you know? More than 50% of Florida college students qualify for Pell Grants (free money for college that does not need to be paid back)
Attend one of the FAFSA events and receive personalized assistance in completing the form. The event is free and open to the public.
IN PERSON - ALL SJR STATE CAMPUSES (Orange Park, Palatka & St. Augustine)
June 15, 16, 17 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (1-hour sessions)
June 21, 22, 23, 24 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (1-hour sessions)
ONLINE VIA ZOOM
June 15 and June 22, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Attend online or in person and be eligible for prizes and gift cards!
- Completing the FAFSA does not obligate you to any college
- Some of the aid you might qualify for is first-come, first-served, which means it can run out if you wait too long to apply.
- Scholarships are also available at SJR State
Documents you need to complete the FAFSA
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Driver's License Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your federal income tax returns (Summer term is based on 2018 tax returns; Fall term is based on 2019 tax returns), W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically. (Request FSA ID)
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
QUESTIONS? Call 386-312-4040
For information regarding COVID-19 protocols, visit https://www.sjrstate.edu/coronavirus/.
To learn about great career pathways in our region, visit Earnup.org