COLLIER-BLOCKER IN-DISTRICT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The SJR State Collier-Blocker In-District Scholarships are designed specifically for residents of SJR State’s service district who would potentially otherwise not have the ability to attend college. A minimum total of 12 scholarships will be available each year to students from Clay, Putnam, and St. Johns Counties. This scholarship is for students at the Postsecondary Adult Vocational or Associate Degree level only (the scholarship will not cover Bachelor’s level coursework). Students are selected on the basis of their desire to pursue their education at SJR State and their demonstrated ability to succeed in college. The value of the scholarship includes tuition, fees, and all required textbooks for up to 36 semester hours of enrollment at SJR State per academic year in addition to a stipend for other expenses such as room and board and/or commuting expenses of $1,200 per year for full time students ($500 fall and spring and $200 summer) and $600 per year for part-time students ($250 fall and spring and $100 summer). The Collier-Blocker Scholarship cannot be used for Bachelor’s degree classes at St. Johns River State College.
Procedures for Applying:
Submit the following documents no later than June 1, 2021:
- SJR State Admission Application
- SJR State Collier-Blocker In-District Scholarship Application*
to include personal statement
- High School/College Transcripts and Placement Test Score(s)
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Email all applications and information by the indicated deadline to Meghan Deputy, SJR State Academic Affairs Office, at
Program Eligibility Requirements:
Students must be a current resident of Clay, Putnam, or St. Johns Counties and must be enrolling in a Postsecondary Adult Vocational or Associate-level program (scholarship is not available to students in Baccalaureate programs). First time in college students must demonstrate an ability to succeed in college through placement on the sliding scale for initial academic eligibility and must possess a minimum of a 2.0 GPA. The selection committee will consider all complete applications that meet the minimum eligibility requirements; however, all eligible students may not be awarded a scholarship. Decisions regarding the awarding of the SJR State Collier-Blocker In-District Scholarship will be made by the Scholarship Selection Committee based on the eligible students’ personal statement, demonstrated need, and history.
- With posting of grades at the end of the spring semester, have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 and earn the equivalent number of credit hours for which the award was received.
- Maintain continuous enrollment (no breaks in enrollment except for summer) until completion/graduation.
- Participate in at least two scheduled mentoring/tutoring/college success activities each fall and spring semester. Participation in additional mentoring/tutoring/college success activities may be required based on academic progress reports.
- Including college preparatory classes, the scholarship will fund a maximum of 72 credits, or until completion of an Associate Degree, whichever occurs first, the Collier-Blocker Scholarship cannot be used for Bachelor’s degree classes at St. Johns River State College. Students must work with their Advisor and assigned Mentor to ensure they are taking the appropriate courses and prerequisite courses for their intended major. The scholarship is also non-transferable, and can only be used at St. Johns River State College.
- In order to be considered for scholarship renewal, the scholarship recipient must notify Meghan Deputy of his/her intent to renew the scholarship by May 1.
SJR State Collier-Blocker In-District Scholarship Application*
* Visit our SSN Web page for more information regarding the College's use of Social Security Numbers.
Please direct all scholarship and renewal questions to: