OVERVIEW OF THE EPI APPLICATION PROCESS
When can I apply to the EPI program?
Applications for the EPI program are accepted on a continuing basis for all semesters: Fall, Spring, and Summer. There are deadlines in which the applications must be received prior to the start of each specific semester.
How do I apply for the EPI program?
In order to have a complete application please complete the following steps, and send all documents to the Teacher Education Department:
Teacher Education Department
St. Johns River State College
5001 St. Johns Avenue, Palatka, FL 32177
Fax Number: 386-312-4101
- Complete the paper EPI application
- Complete the online SJR State Application* including a $30 application fee and residency documents.
- On the “Electronic Signature Page” you must complete the Residency Affidavit and include two forms of FL residency in order receive instate tuition. The most common forms are your FL driver’s license (which states an issue date of over 1 year) and either a voter registration card or 2 years of FL vehicle registration
- You must go back to click “submit” after you pay your application fee, if you do not hit submit your application will not be processed
- *If you are a returning EPI student and have filled out an online SJR State Application, you will need to complete the online SJR State Readmission Application in order to avoid re-paying the application fee.
- Submission of official, unopened transcripts from a regionally accredited college or institution in which you earned your bachelor degree with a minimum 2.5 GPA
- A copy of your Official Statement of Eligibility
- Submit Passing Score for the Subject Area Exam and have attempted the General Knowledge Test (www.FL.nesinc.com). Equivalent GRE scores or a Master’s Degree or higher can be used to satisfy the General Knowledge Test requirement.
- An interview with the Teacher Education Coordinator to determine if the candidate possesses a suitable disposition for becoming an educator. Please contact the Teacher Education Department to schedule your interview.
* Visit our SSN Web page for more information regarding the College's use of Social Security Numbers.
EPI Application Deadlines:
Fall - August 1
Spring - December 1
Summer - April 1
All documents and test scores must be submitted before application is considered for admission.