Prospective international students should start the admissions process at the earliest possible date prior to the beginning of any college semester. A four-month lead-time is recommended to ensure enrollment as requested. Applications from international students will be accepted for the Fall and Spring terms (August and January). Please be aware that all admission documents must be received by the College 4 months prior to term of initial enrollment.
Before admission to St. Johns River State College, international students must submit the following documents to the Admissions Office, St. Johns River State College (SJR State), 5001 St. Johns Ave., Palatka, FL 32177, U.S.A.:
- SJR State Admissions Application. Please print and complete a SJR State Admissions Application. Applications can be mailed to the Admissions Office or faxed to: (386) 312-4030.
- A non-refundable $30.00 (US) application fee.
- Documentation of successful completion of high school (upper-secondary). Students must prove that the high school certificate or diploma is equivalent to a standard US high school diploma or GED.
- Official Transcripts are required for secondary and all postsecondary institutions the applicant has attended. All transcripts must be in English and evaluated by one of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. Agencies (NACES).
- Post–secondary (university/college) transcripts must be accompanied by a course-by-course evaluation from an academic credential-evaluating agency (Applications for agencies such as Joseph Silny and Associates, Inc. or World Education Services can be accessed directly).
- Proof of oral and written English proficiency, demonstrated by a score of 500 or above on the paper pencil version of the TOEFL, or 173 or above on the computerized version, or 61 or above on the Internet based version. For more information about TOEFL, please use this link: https://www.ets.org/toefl.html.
- Proof of the applicant’s financial ability to pay for his/her living and educational expenses while attending SJR State. The applicant needs to submit a letter from his /her or sponsor’s financial institution, showing a minimum balance of $25,100.00 (US). Applicants with financial sponsors also need to provide a notarized Affidavit of Financial Support signed by the sponsor. For more information regarding the cost for an international student to attend the College for one academic year, please see the List of Estimated Expenses.
- Copy of passport (bio pages) F1 visa and I-94 (front and back). Copy of visa and I-94 are required upon arrival or if student is already in the U.S.
- (For international applicant already in the U.S. transferring from another approved school) International Student Transfer Form and copy of previous I-20. Please note international applicants transferring from any postsecondary institution must have at least a 2.0 G.P.A., be in status with immigration and be in good standing (i.e. eligible to continue at or return to their present institution).
Following completion of all admissions requirements a Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) will be issued to each admitted student.
BEFORE AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT CAN ENROLL IN CLASSES, THE FOLLOWING STEPS HAVE TO BE TAKEN:
- All first-time-in college students must be tested for placement purposes. Students must submit test scores from the American College Test (A.C.T.), Scholastic Aptitude Test (S.A.T.), or take a college placement test. Test scores should not be older than two years prior to admission date.
- Present I-20 stamped by immigration
- Provide proof of health and accident insurance.
- Students must also complete the new student orientation course online.
For questions regarding online orientation, please contact the admissions team at (386) 312-4030.
- REGISTER FOR CLASSES