SJR State to co-host COVID-19 vaccine “walk-up” site
(Please note: The approved populations have been updated)
St. Johns River State College and Mt. Tabor First Baptist Church are partnering to bring Putnam County residents one of the latest state-run COVID-19 vaccination sites.
SJR State Executive Vice President Melissa Miller said the Florida Division of Emergency Management contacted her regarding possible locations to provide greater access to the vaccine. “We are excited to have the opportunity to serve the community in this capacity,” Miller said.
The vaccination site will be available Friday, March 26 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the SJR State Palatka campus Viking Center, located at 5001 St. Johns Avenue. Preregistration is required. According to Miller, 400 vaccines will be available for the one-day event.
To qualify for the vaccine, residents must be either:
- Persons 50 years of age and older;
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact;
- Long-term care facility staff; and
- Extremely vulnerable (Must bring form filled out by physician)
Residents have two options to preregister:
- Call the College at 386-312-4106, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Or call 386-328-6898 and choose “option 2” or “option 3,” Tuesday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Those seeking vaccines (and have preregistered) should bring ID to confirm their age, and/or documentation to prove their eligibility.
Proper social distancing will be implemented on campus to ensure the safety and well-being of residents and health care workers. Face masks are also required on campus.
Director of Public Relations and Publications