Palatka Campus - Building T, Room 113
St. Johns River State College
5001 St. Johns Avenue
Palatka, FL 32177
(386) 312-4228 Office
Building T is located at the west end of the campus just north of the Florida School of the Arts (FloArts). This office is the primary comprehensive testing site in our system; however, testing specialists administer and proctor some exams on the Orange Park and the St. Augustine Campuses.
Orange Park Campus - Building A, Room 63
St. Johns River State College
283 College Dr.
Orange Park, FL 32065
(904) 276-6793 Office
Building A, is the first building on the right when entering from College Dr. This is a comprehensive testing site; however, testing specialists administer and proctor exams at the Palatka and St. Augustine Campuses. The Orange Park campus proudly supports DSST for eligible military service members and civilians.
The St. Johns River State College Testing Center provides a convenient, safe, fair and professional testing environment for students, community and faculty.
** requires registration and fee payment through test provider website
Use the Test Fee Payment button below to pay for an exam with an SJR State fee.
Please be aware that paying for an exam here does not register you to take that exam. You must contact the Testing Department at 386-312-4228 to make an appointment to take an exam with an SJR State fee.
ALL TESTING FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE!
The Testing center will reschedule a missed appointment, when possible.
We provide tests, national credit-by-exam testing programs, and a number of workforce testing options. We also provide a proctoring service for distance learning programs from other institutions, and other assessments conducive to an individuals' overall success; academically, personally and professionally.
To take any exam, please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment and be sure to have 2 current forms of identification.
The primary ID must be an original, current, valid and contain your photograph and signature. The secondary must contain your signature. Photos of an ID on an electronic device is unacceptable!
If you are unsure about identification acceptance, contact the Testing Center prior to your arrival.
These items are prohibited, please secure them in your vehicle or place them in one of the lockers available at the testing center. Thank you!
- Firearms and Weapons (must be secured in vehicle)
- Bags, purses, backpacks (subject to inspection)
- Electronics (e.g. phones, iPods, tablets, laptops, earbuds, headphones, watches, gaming devices, flashdrives, etc.)
- Food and Drink
- Outerwear: subject to inspection (e.g. coats, jackets, hoodies, scarves)
- Head wear: subject to inspection (e.g. hats, bandannas, headbands)
- Other items as identified at time of sign-in by the Test Administrator!
Please use the links below to access information about these assessments:
ST. Johns River State College has two PearsonVue associate sites, one on the Palatka Campus and the other on the Orange Park Campus. Interested candidates must schedule through the Pearson home page: www.pearsonvue.com the available hours for testing are located there. Please follow the recommendations for your particular test as listed on the PearsonVue website. Contact the Testing Center if you have any questions, please call 386-312-4228.
The Basic Abilities Test (BAT) is a prerequisite for the Law Enforcement (LE) and Correction Officer (CO) Academies. This exam will be available at PearsonVue Testing Centers only.
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) is run by CollegeBoard; www.collegeboard.com/clep an independent testing company. Many college and universities recognize and honor comprehensive subject knowledge acquired through independent or prior study, on-the-job training, professional development, cultural pursuits, or internships. The CLEP catalog has 30+ qualifying exams. If you are interested in taking a CLEP, you should contact Academic Advising (386-312-4045) to determine if the exam you are interested in will qualify for credit at St. Johns River State College. CLEP is administered by appointment on Monday and Wednesday on the Palatka Campus, and Tuesday and Thursday on the Orange Park Campus. Please contact the appropriate campus to schedule your CLEP.
There is a $20 proctor fee associated with each exam attempt.
Select SJR State distance learning course require an on – campus final exam. This will be noted in the course syllabus, along with the final exam dates. If your course falls in this category, you must register for your exam using RegisterBlast.
GED Testing Schedule
The General Education Development (GED) Test is made up of 4 subjects, broken onto separate exams. Candidates do not have to take all of the exams at once.
GED testing is available on the Palatka Campus: Thursday and Friday. Visit ged.com for more information and to schedule testing appointments.
St. Johns River State College also offers adult basic education and GED test prep classes. For more information, contact the Adult Education Office (386) 312-4080 or visit SJRstate.edu/adulted.html
HESI A2 Testing
The HESI Admission Assessment is one pathway for applicants to meet the admissions requirements for the SJR State Nursing program. The test is comprised of nine sections, of those nine sections SJR State requires scores for Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, General Knowledge and Math. Other nursing programs may require scores from additional sections; therefore, it is recommended that a student completes all of the sections.
To register to take this test on a St. Johns River State College campus:
1. Use the Test Fee Payment button on this page to pay the test fee of $75 for the HESI. This fee is non-refundable and may be used for only one test session.
2. Contact the Testing Center at 386-312-4228 and make an appointment for this test. You must have a receipt number in order to reserve a seat. This test is given on each campus on a regularly scheduled basis and seating for each session is limited. To register you will need your receipt number and a valid email address. You will receive a confirmation, reminder email approximately one week before your scheduled exam.
3. Go to https://evolve.elsevier.com and create an Evolve account, you will need an Evolve username and password in order to take the test and receive your results. The site also has access to preparation materials for the HESI A2 test.
4. On your test day, bring a picture ID and your Evolve username and password to the testing site.
5. The Test Proctor will provide the access code for the exam at that time.
6. You may reschedule the exam if you need to by contacting the Testing Center.
7. You must wait at least 30 days between test sessions.
If you desire to take your HESI A2 at a Prometric site you must contact the SJR State Testing Center to request our Departmental ID and then register for the HESI A2 by following the instructions on the Evolve website (https://service.elsevier.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8202/c/10542/supporthub/hesi/)
ParaProfessional Exam from Educational Testing Service (ETS)
The ParaPro Assessment measures the skills and knowledge in reading, writing and math possessed by prospective and practicing educational assistants and paraprofessionals. It also measures the ability to apply skills and knowledge when assisting in a classroom. It was designed to satisfy the requirements of the Federally legislated No Child Left Behind Act.
Candidates have 2 ½ hours to complete the test. The exam consists of 90 multiple choice questions, approximately two-thirds of which focus on basic skill and knowledge. The remaining questions relate to applying skills in the classroom. All questions are in English.
To take this exam:
1. Use the Test Fee Payment button on this page to pay the test fee of $75 for the ETS ParaProfessional exam. This fee is non-refundable.
2. Contact the Testing Center at the Palatka Campus 386-312-4228 or the Orange Park Campus 904-276-6793 and make an appointment for the exam, be sure to have your receipt number at hand.
3. Arrive at your testing location at least 20 minutes prior to your appointment; PAC Bldg. T, Rm 113 or OPC Bldg. A, One Stop Center.
4. The ParaPro Assessment may be taken once every 28 days, not including the initial test date. If the retake policy is violated, the test taker’s score will be canceled, and the test fee will not be refunded.
ETS: Requests for Accommodations
The Post-Secondary Educational Readiness Test is the recommended placement test for Florida colleges. These test scores assist counselors and advisors in making the best possible initial placement recommendations for student success. Students are responsible for the enrollment selections that they make, so excellent initial placement recommendations are important.
First time in college non-exempt students who intend to enroll in college credit classes must have test scores less than two years old.
According to Florida Senate Bill 1720, students may be exempt from placement testing under certain conditions.
You are exempt if you:
- Entered Florida public high school or charter school during the 2003-2004 academic year or after;
- Remained within the public high school system or charter schools during your entire high school academic career and graduated from a Florida public high school or charter school 2007 or after with a standard diploma;
- Are a member of the military on active duty
You are not exempt if you:
- Entered high school prior to 2003-2004;
- Graduated from the private sector;
- Graduated from home school;
- Earned high school degree out of state; or
- Earned a GED
The PERT is currently being offered on campus by appointment and through remote proctoring. Remote proctoring is only available to SJR State students whose application has been fully processed and who have access to a desktop or laptop computer with a microphone, a webcam, and a reliable Internet connection. Please contact the Testing Center at
or call (386) 312-4228 to discuss PERT testing options, schedule an appointment to test on campus, or request to take the PERT through remote proctoring.
All students, including exempt students are welcome to test. Those students who have completed an application may take the test one time. The test may be retaken after 48 hours, but not more than three times in a 12-month period. All retakes of any section require a $20 fee to be paid in advance.
Contact an advisor for further direction concerning your particular situation.
Other placement test score options are the:
The St. Johns River State College Testing Center provides a convenient testing environment for students, community and faculty. We are available, by appointment for credit-by exam, distance learning for other institutions and workforce exams. Most of these exams require specific proctoring agreements and advance appointments are necessary. Students are responsible for assuring that test administration instructions are submitted to the testing center prior to taking an exam.
The fee for this service is $25.00 per test.
Contact the PAC Testing Center; 386-312-4228 or the OPC Testing Center; 904-276-6793 for further assistance.
ProV is an online occupational licensing assessment service. ProV offers hundreds of licensing examinations. SJR State proctors these exams on the Palatka campus on Tuesday and on the Orange Park campus on Tuesday. Fees vary and all scheduling and payments are made through www.provexam.com.
TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education), this exam is used as an assessment tool for students entering an Adult Basic Education program that leads to a GED (General Equivalence Diploma), as well as, many Career and Technical Education programs. Some businesses also use the assessment for prospective employees. The latest version of TABE is long and it is recommended to complete the test in two separate sessions.
This is exam is administered by appointment and requires two days of testing. Typically the exam is given on Tuesday and Wednesday on the Palatka Campus.
The cost is $35 and must be paid prior to scheduling an appointment.
St. Johns River State College Testing Center maintains a safe, fair and professional testing environment for every person taking an exam. Whether the exam is for placement, professional licensing, credit from another educational institution or in support of SJR State programs, the Center will provide the highest level of service possible.