THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
St. Johns River State College, designated a 2023-2024 Military Friendly® School! and given a Military Spouse Friendly® School Designation, is committed to connecting military service members, veterans, and their families with the services and resources they need to reach their personal and academic goals.
BENEFITS TO YOU
- Resources in and outside the classroom to help you succeed
- Review of previous experience for credit
- No penalties if deployed
- Degree completion if transferred
- Out of state waiver for active duty military
- Military family benefits
- Apply to SJR State and set up your user account.
- File your GI Bill® benefits (U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) to learn about the various GI Bill® Programs and which are best for you. You may apply Chapter 30, 33, 35, 1606, or 1607
IMPORTANT: The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs does take up to 6-8 weeks to process your application so be sure to fill it out as soon as possible.
- Submit your official transcripts and certificates
- Apply for Financial Aid, if needed.
As part of the application process, you need to complete the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Check the deadlines for the FAFSA on their website. SJR State’s Federal College code is 001523.
If you are on active duty, a drilling reservist, or a member of the National Guard you may qualify for Federal or State Tuition Assistance (TA). Each federal tuition assistance (TA) program requires different eligibility requirements and steps. Please reference the appropriate links for your branch of service. Many of these programs are time-sensitive so the earlier you get things done, the smoother your benefits will go.
- Schedule an appointment for advising and assessment.
- Contact the VA certifying official to certify your classes so you can receive your GI Bill® benefits.
- Educator Certification
- Veterans Benefits Administration - Education and Training
- VA education and training benefits
- GI Bill® and other education benefit eligibility
- Veteran Readiness and Employment (Chapter 31)
- Other VA education benefits
- View your VA payment history
- GI Bill® Comparison Tool | St. Johns River State College
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.