EDUCATOR PREPARATION INSTITUTE
Do you have a non-education bachelor's degree?
Would you like to become a certified teacher?
If your answer to these questions is Yes, SJR State's EPI program is designed to prepare you for an exciting career as a teacher in Florida.
SJR State's EPI Program is designed to provide the knowledge necessary to obtain a Florida Professional Teaching Certificate and prepare you for the Florida Professional Educator Certification Exam.
Let SJR State help you gain the professional qualifications you need for an exciting new career in education!
SJR State's Educator Preparation Institute Satisfies the following requirements:
- The Professional Preparation Courses listed on the Statement of Status of Eligibility;
- The Demonstration of Professional Education Competence;
- The Practical Teaching Experience requirement (one year full-time teaching experience in an elementary or secondary school).
In addition to completing the EPI coursework, the EPI participant must take and pass all three of the Florida Teacher Certification Exams (General Knowledge, Subject Area and Professional Education) in order to successfully complete the Educator Preparation Institute program.
EPI Interviews for the Fall 2018 semester are currently being scheduled on the following dates:
- June 5 on the Orange Park Campus
- June 6 on the Palatka Campus
- June 7 on the St. Augustine Campus
For more information or to set up an appointment, please contact Dawn Boles in the Teacher Education Department at 386-312-4242 or .
EPI Application Process
EPI Course Descriptions
EPI Progress Checklist
Fall Start Sequence
Spring Start Sequence
Summer Start Sequence
Florida Teacher Certification Examinations:
FTCE Exam Fees
Florida Teacher Certification Exam (FTCE) Registration
Department of Education (DOE)
How to access EdReady for FTCE
Clay County School District
Putnam County School District
St. Johns County School District
Teach in Florida
SJR State Palatka Campus
S-202 Science Building
5001 St. Johns Avenue
Palatka, FL 32177
"Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of the right answers." - Josef Albers
* Visit our SSN Web page for more information regarding the College's use of Social Security Numbers.