Florida School of the Arts
VISUAL ART 0152
Animation Specialization - Associate in Science Degree
Animation is a highly specialized medium that aspiring young creators can consider as a viable and promising career path. For any artist who desires a means of bringing their artistic visions to life, animation provides a full range of expression limited only by the imagination.
Florida School of the Arts now offers a robust and comprehensive foundational experience that prepares students for a career in the entertainment industry. Whether it be for video game design or feature films, FloArts will provide you with the necessary training and foundational skills to become a professional animator.
- Portfolio in digital format: All portfolio elements must be submitted digitally: either CD, DVD, USB flash drive, link to a website, or another form of file-sharing website (i.e. google drive, iCloud, or OneDrive). JPG files should be no smaller than 800 pixels, and no larger than 2000 pixels on its greater dimension. Applicants requesting to review in person will present original works in addition to completed application materials.
- At least 15-20 original works (completed within the past 2 years) that showcase artistic development and ability to communicate ideas through art.
- At least 15-20 pages from sketchbooks/process journals (photographed or scanned) demonstrating daily practice, creative research and thought process. Applicants requesting to review in person are strongly encouraged to bring completed or in process sketchbooks/process journals.
- Send all elements by mail or email to: Florida School of the Arts, Admissions Review Committee, 5001 St. Johns Avenue, Palatka, FL 32177 or DanaCotton@sjrstate.edu.
During the review, you may be asked questions regarding the following topics:
• Career Goals • Arts Experience & Training • College Goals & Expectations • General Background
You may submit a digital portfolio to be considered in lieu of an in-person interview.
MEET OUR FACULTY