Florida School of the Arts
DANCE STUDIES/DANCE PERFORMANCE 2513
Associate in Science Degree
The Dance Performance Associate in Science degree program provides a professional curriculum designed for the career-oriented student interested in the performing arts and entertainment industry. Dance course work is available in the areas of ballet, jazz, tap, musical theater, and contemporary dance. Florida School of the Arts produces several dance and musical theater productions each year, giving the dancer many performance opportunities.
Dance candidates are evaluated on artistic interpretation, movement retention, and accuracy of movement, alignment, and training. The dance audition consists of:
- Participation in an interview and an audition class consisting of both ballet and contemporary techniques.
- Performance of a two-minute dance solo. The choreography may be your own or someone else’s. Bring your music on CD or in digital form.
- Please dress appropriately in leotard and tights with no additional cover-ups, and have appropriate dance shoes.
- Unless requested, use ballet slippers or flat shoes for class and solo performances.
During the audition, you may be asked questions regarding the following topics:
• Career Goals • Arts Experience & Training • College Goals & Expectations • General Background