FALL 2022 Commencement
December 15, 10:00 a.m.
Location: Thrasher-Horne Center
(Orange Park Campus)
GRADUATION APPLICATION (PDF)
Last day to order CAP/GOWN and apply for degree conferral and participate in the ceremony is November 4.
GRADUATION CEREMONY INSTRUCTIONS
The college holds two graduation ceremonies, one at the end of each spring and fall term. Degree/college credit certificate candidates are encouraged to participate in the exercise. Degree/college credit certificate recipients may participate in the graduation exercises by purchasing a cap and gown through the SJR State Bookstore by the date specified in the academic calendar. Degree/college certificate candidates must submit a graduation application by the date specified in the academic calendar. Black caps and gowns are required by all participants. Students have the ability to also purchase additional tassels. Baccalaureate stoles are available for purchase along with the appropriate stoles for Early College Program graduates and dual enrollment graduates.
All students who purchase a cap and gown by the deadline will be notified in writing prior to the ceremony with instructions for commencement day.
Tickets will be required for graduate guests. The details will be communicated to graduates at a later date.
The ceremony will be live streamed on the College’s YouTube channel. Family and friends are invited to watch by accessing the channel from either the College’s homepage at SJRstate.edu or by accessing the YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/user/SJRstate
Students should be aware of the graduation requirements. These include the core curriculum, payment of all fees, and any work required in special programs. It is the student's responsibility to determine the courses necessary for transfer to any upper division college or university and to meet any program specific courses required by those upper division programs. Students should see an advisor prior to submitting a graduation application.
To begin the application process students should take the following steps:
- Complete an online graduation application. There is no fee to submit a graduation application. You must submit the completed form to the Administration/Records Office.
- Fulfill all obligations, financial and other, to the College.
- All graduates are encouraged to attend the graduation ceremony. There is a fee to purchase caps and gowns.
- For subsequent graduations, prospective graduates must still apply to graduate.
When processing your application for graduation, the following graduation requirements will be reviewed:
- Completion of the required courses and number of credits
- Minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- 25 percent residency requirement mandated by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (Students must have earned a minimum of 25 percent of the credits toward their degree at SJR State.)
- Honors designation - PLEASE NOTE: For the purpose of recognition at the graduation ceremony, an honors designation is based on all grades.
3.5-3.69 cum laude (with honor)
3.7-3.84 magna cum laude (with high honor)
3.85-4.00 summa cum laude (with highest honor)
These graduates are recognized at graduation ceremonies and have these distinctions noted on their permanent records.