Florida School of the Arts
VISUAL ART 0152
Graphic Design/New Media Specialization - Associate in Science Degree
New Media Design Associate in Science degree program encompasses the use of new technologies in the making of art for both functional and creative arenas. This emphasis involves practices ranging from conceptual and visual art to commercial and visual communications. The specializations in a cross-disciplinary fielding involving computer graphics, photography, digital video, and vector imaging.
The portfolio may be submitted in person, by online service or on USB thumb drive.
- Portfolio in digital format - All portfolio elements must be submitted digitally: either CD, DVD, USB thumb drive, link to a website, or another form of file-sharing website (i.e. Google drive, iCloud, or OneDrive). JPG files should be no smaller than 800 pixels, and no larger than 2000 pixels on its greater dimension. Applicants requesting to review in person will present original works in addition to completed application materials.
- At least 15-20 original works (completed within the past 2 years) that showcase artistic development and ability to communicate ideas through art.
- At least 15-20 pages from sketchbooks/process journals (photographed or scanned) demonstrating daily practice, creative research and thought process. Applicants requesting to review in person are strongly encouraged to bring completed or in process sketchbooks/process journals.
- Save 10-15 showcase works as PDF using the following format: pdf - name_newmedia_audition_20.pdf (replace the word newmedia with photography for photo candidates)
- Save 10-15 images from sketchbooks/journals as PDF using the following format: pdf - name_sketchbookpages_15.pdf
- Locate all portfolio works in a folder titled: name_floartsaudition_portfolio
- Send all elements by mail or email to: Florida School of the Arts, Admissions Review Committee, 5001 St. Johns Avenue, Palatka, FL 32177 or DanaCotton@sjrstate.edu.
During the review, you may be asked questions regarding the following topics:
• Career Goals • Arts Experience & Training • College Goals & Expectations • General Background
You may submit a digital portfolio to be considered in lieu of an in-person interview.