EXCEED YOUR OWN EXPECTATIONS
The Honors Program at SJR State offers outstanding and motivated students the opportunity to enhance and foster their individuality, leadership skills and educational experiences through:
- Challenging coursework outside the format and expectations of traditional classes,
- Different approaches to teaching and learning,
- Special sections of general education courses that stress the development of critical thinking skills, preparing students for advanced study in university coursework,
- Activities not typically available in regular sections, and
- Leadership and service to others.
Students enrolled in the program receive special recognition upon successful completion.
ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?
- First time in college, High School Graduates
Unweighted cumulative high school GPA of 3.5, or an ACT composite score of 26 or higher or combined math and critical reading SAT of 1170 or higher
be “college ready” in the areas of English, reading, and mathematics; that is, the students do not have to take any developmental education courses.
- Current St. Johns River State College and Transfer Students
A minimum 3.5 cumulative college GPA with a minimum of 9 college-level credit hours
be “college ready” in the areas of English, reading, and mathematics.
- Dual Enrollment/Early College Program Students
Dual Enrollment/Early College Program Students Dual enrollment students must be "college ready" in the areas of English, reading, and mathematics; be recommended for participation by their high school principal or designee; have permission of the dual enrollment director; and meet one of the following requirements:
a. First Time in College Dual Enrollment Students:
Unweighted cumulative high school GPA of 3.5, or An ACT composite score of 26 or higher or combined SAT of 1170 or higher
b. Current SJR State Dual Enrollment or Dual Enrollment Transfer Students:
A minimum cumulative 3.5 college GPA with a minimum of 9 college-level credit hours