A. S. DEGREES
ASSOCIATE IN SCIENCE DEGREES
The Associate in Science degrees are two-year programs for students who are planning to enter a chosen career at the semi-professional level upon completion. The A.S. degree programs encompass courses in two basic areas:
- One area is specialized courses, which provide specific training in a program of study.
- The second major area of courses is general education. General education courses are designed to help develop a well-rounded individual and enhance employment potential.
Students who complete these programs will earn college credit.
- Accounting Technology
- Business Administration
- Computer Information Technology
- Computer Network Engineering Technology
- Computer Programming and Analysis
- Computer Related Crime Investigation
- Criminal Justice Technology
- Dance Studies/Dance Performance
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Science Technology
- Graphic Design/New Media
- Health Information Technology
- Health Services Management
- Industrial Management Technology
- Internet Services Technology
- Musical Theater
- Nursing: LPN Bridge to ASN
- Office Administration - Legal Office
- Office Administration - Medical Office
- Office Administration - Office Management
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care
- Stage Management
- Studio Art
- Theater Technology
See the College catalog for more details.
Although an Associate in Science degree program is intended primarily to prepare an individual to enter a chosen career or profession, it may also transfer to a senior institution which offers a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
The following programs have established transfer agreements to designated baccalaureate degree programs: business administration, criminal justice technology, nursing, and radiologic technology. See the program description for further details. In addition, an articulation agreement has been developed with Flagler College for the criminal justice technology, emergency medical service and fire science technology programs and the University of Central Florida for Health Information Technology.
For more information contact
Terri Dew at (904) 276-6813
or E-mail: Workforce Education
College Credit Certificates